ONLINE GRADE ANALYSIS SUBMISSION FORM
Complete the drop-down form by pressing + then contact ASBI to make payment and submit sample. Also please download Grade Analysis Submission Instructions to accompany your sample during mailing.
Include Paperwork with Sample
INSTRUCTIONS AND FAQS ON SUBMITTING SHEA SAMPLES FOR GRADE ANALYSIS
Please review the following instructions and faqs, then proceed below to fill out online grade analysis submission form, print the form to include with samples and contact ASBI to provide payment for testing and grading.
Dr. Samuel Hunter, Client Services
American Shea Butter Institute
619 Wandering Court
Columbus, GA 31907
Tel: (706) 682-4982
email: [email protected]
Do not use breakable containers, which may result in loss of sample or damage to sample in transit. The Institute accepts no liability for samples not received, or received in damaged condition.
You must also include the shipment date. Unlabeled samples may be discarded. The Institute assumes no responsibility for illegible or incorrectly labeled samples; if received in this condition, your sample may be discarded.
1. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS: Molds and Bacteria
2. PHYSICAL ANALYSIS: Melting range, Butter Knife Test
3. FREE FATTY ACID Determination
4. IRON AND COPPER LEVELS Determination
5. PEROXIDE LEVEL Determination
6. SIZE OF THE NONSAPONIFIABLE FRACTION Determination
7. VITAMIN LEVEL Determination
8. Lead and Mercury
9. Moisture and Debris
10. CINNAMIC ACID VALUE Determination
11. Triglycerides Profile
12. Sterol Profile when necessary
13. Fatty Acid Profile when necessary
You must complete questions 1-8 below, for each sample. Copy this page if necessary with answers to each of the following questions.
The Final Grade maybe one of the following:
- Grade “A” Premium Shea Butter
- Grade”B” Choice Shea Butter
- Grade”C” Common Shea Butter
- Grade”F” Shea Moisturizer
What is the Cost for Grade Analysis?
The cost for Grade Analysis is $600 per sample. The same amount should accompany the sample when submitted to the American Shea Butter Institute for Grade Analysis. Samples received without this fee will not be tested until appropriate arrangements have been made.
How to Make Payment for Grade Analysis?
You may make payment by including in your shipment a check drawn on any US bank for the amount of $600 dollars for each sample submitted, or you may click below where it says Grading Analysis to pay by credit card. Sorry we do not accept foreign Checks.